SHSO Community Hub Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SHSO Hub  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do you want to see in the game?

Go down 
+10
the_key_24
Fantastic Seeker Robin
pokelement
Derwipok
Wailing Crusader Gargoyle
LeoH
Adventuring Tranquil Fang
MaskedHatJudge
Toxic
He-Man
14 posters
AuthorMessage
He-Man

He-Man

What do you want to see in the game?  Empty
PostSubject: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 6:21 pm

What is it that you want to see happen in the game? What additions or changes would you like to see made?

This thread is not about new characters you want to see in the game, but new game mechanics, features, etc.

Story Mode:

I will admit that every time I see some of the trailers that promoted SHSO, I've been wanting to see some kind of story mode with a few cut scenes that rivals those fun scenes. Yes, we do have those quick little cut scenes at the start of missions, but they're just not the same.

What I'd love to see is a purchasable single player story mode that takes perhaps 30 minutes to complete. It would work a lot like a Crisis Mission where you'd face off against 3 or 4 bosses, but there would be some great cut scenes thrown into the mix tying everything together. Obviously you could skip the cut scenes if you wanted to, to speed up the mission, but I'd love a little bit more epicness to the game.

Also this mission could reward you in different ways, you'd have your standard rewards with XP, silver and fractals. But I'd love to see it also hand out a character specific item you can display sort of like the cubes. Also, because of the length of the mission, the first time you complete it with your character, it could give you 5 gold coins, but only once per character.

Of course this story mode could also be used for future challenge rewards.

Team Specific Missions

Much like there are missions where you can't pick certain villains since they're the boss at the end of it. I'd love to see certain missions that limits which characters you can choose.

You could have an Avengers Mission, X-Men Mission or even a Villain Mission where the last boss is a hero.

Various Filters

I know this may sound mean, but I'd love it if there were various filters in the game.

Nothing is more annoying than when you're spinning the wheel and you come to click on spin, only to click on a thumbs up by accident, accepting a new friend, a mission or a card game. It would be nice to be able to turn off these requests when you want to play the game quietly.

Just as it would be nice if you could filter who you get requests from. Do I only want to accept requests from Agents? Do I only want people with a certain squad level as friends? Are there heroes I want to filter out of missions?

New Zones

We are due for a new zone. The X-Men could really use some representation with their own zone. Whether this zone is the X-Mansion or something else entirely, it's time that Charles and his students got a little bit of recognition.

More gold valued prizes in boxes

The mystery boxes could use a slight overhaul as to what is included in them. The boxes are rather good in providing you with lots of items if you don't own everything. Heroes, missions and card quests are good runner up prizes to the big villain hidden inside.

But if you own most of that, they can be a real dud. They need to include more in them. I love the suggestion that some have made that sidekicks be included in them. And if they can include the EOTE badge in it, then so should all the other badges be present. Make it a better bang for our buck. Titles that you don't own could also go in the uncommon slot.

These are just some of the ideas off the top of my head that I would enjoy in the game. How about you? What is it that would make the game more enjoyable for you?

Last edited by He-Man on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Toxic

Toxic

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 6:54 pm

I think actually story would be very interesting in this game but the update required to instill it would just be too massive. Also the entire dynamic of the game would change.

Some questions that would be raised if they were to make a story would be...

-Would it be its own mode, or just missions we already owned played in a sequence with cutscenes
-Would it be singleplayer or multiplayer
-Would we still have regular missions or would this replace ti
-Would there be a prize if you finished it

Probably more that I just can't think of right now.

A story mode would be interesting but I'm just not sure if its possible
Back to top Go down
MaskedHatJudge

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:18 pm

Number one request for me - customizable heroes.

Gazillion could make, well, a gazillion dollars off this feature as well. First from the sale of customizable character "slots," then for the dozens or hundreds of premium skins/powers that could be purchased for customization.

I know it wouldn't be a simple feature to develop, and maybe there are legal IP issues, but gosh it would be fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Been playing for a few years on and off.
As for Ideas on things to add, Gazillion never did anything with collecting all the character medals. I admit getting all the medals is hard work, but what if they rewarded people for completing all the medals for a character. This would get people to play more of the whole game. You would need to win card games, finish missions, Collect faces. But they would have to have a nice reward for this.
How about when you complete all the medals for a character you get to choose one of three different costumes for that character. Better idea would be if you finished all your medals you would earn a Badge for that character, but they already gave the option to buy them for 200 gold.

Back to top Go down
LeoH

LeoH

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:59 pm

I would like new features in missions,like: Choose the way you want to continue this mission,In the left you have to defeat a boss,in the right you have to defeat a LOT of minions,then you and the players choose the way you want to go or you can separate through the 2 ways,2 Players to the left and 2 players to the right and then the 4 players meet again in the Boss Stage.

What also could be sweet (and more possible) is a new zone,Like Savage land,Avengers Mansion or Stark tower
Back to top Go down
Toxic

Toxic

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 9:51 pm

LeoH wrote:
I would like new features in missions,like: Choose the way you want to continue this mission,In the left you have to defeat a boss,in the right you have to defeat a LOT of minions,then you and the players choose the way you want to go or you can separate through the 2 ways,2 Players to the left and 2 players to the right and then the 4 players meet again in the Boss Stage.

What also could be sweet (and more possible) is a new zone,Like Savage land,Avengers Mansion or Stark tower

I like your mission ideas to add to them, I would like to see missions where you fight a several bosses at different times (eg: Brotherhood of Evil Mutants Mission). But have each boss fight be cinematic not just like MODOK crisis where they randomly appear. I also think it would be cool if there was 8 player missions where two groups of 4 meet up to battle a superpowerful boss!
Back to top Go down
MaskedHatJudge

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 7:06 am

What about a zombie apocalypse where all the buildings look cracked up (like during the Loki event) and all the troublebots -- and citizens! -- become zombies that you can throw for tickets. Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 am

LeoH wrote:

Nice Idea, but could cause problems. People randomly drop out of missions, or sometimes they just stand there wanting the others to finish the mission for them so they can credit.
This is a kids game and that might be complex for them. Even when you enter a daily mission with others sometimes the host does not hit the "Start Mission" button.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 12:29 pm

I don't think a few "choose your own adventure" points in a mission would be any less of a challenge to kids than, say, Crisis Missions. For good or for bad, lately some elements of the game have been aimed more at more mature players... in addition to Crisis Missions, the World Events don't strike me as something that your average kid under 10 is really going to navigate easily. But it is good to try to appeal to a broad customer base.

If I could make a suggestion for this thread (great idea, by the way He-Man) it would be to adhere to the first rule of brainstorming, which is let EVERY idea stand (even if one seem absolutely ludicrous). Since none of us are decision-makers at Gazillion anyway, there is no need for us to say what will "work" or not.
Back to top Go down
Derwipok

Derwipok

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:19 pm

I want to see jumping by clicking the right mouse button in zones. And a keyboard button that activates doors/spots that you stand next to. This would allow us to navigate zones one-handed with either the mouse or the keyboard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 6:55 pm

Along those lines, I would LOVE a hotkey for Hero Up so I could position my character with the mouse and then activate the attack with a keystroke. ~ would be great!

I would also LOVE to see double-jumping (not sure about webspinning) heroes able to use that second space bar functionality in missions. It would be nice for the more agile heroes to have a bit more of an edge when dodging attacks.
Back to top Go down
MaskedHatJudge

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 10:10 am

Knockback resistance! I am sooooooo tired of being bounced all over the screen. I mean, who is going to knock Hulk back? Really. Maybe the resistance comes as part of a powerup for Hulks, Sasquatch, Colossus...

On the flipside of that... super knockback! I am also soooooo tired of having all of my wonderful knockbacks resisted by ALL supervillains. Maybe if you get a damage boost, your knockback attacks also become strong enough to knock back supervillains.

Last (for now)... super agility. Spiderman has Spidey sense and super reflexes... he can dodge bullets... but not in SHSO. Maybe part of a power attack? Or wouldn't a power defense be cool?

Okay, that wasn't the last... power defense! Like a power attack, but it offers some powerup like health or armor.
Back to top Go down
Toxic

Toxic

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 5:58 pm

Recently I've been thinking of some cool ways to upgrade the in zone movement.

-I would love to be able to use the Spider characters double jump more than once. You could swing around the zone at your whimsy Very Happy 

-I also flying would be so much more fun if it wasn't restricted to hot spots. The controls may be a little tricky but having all the heroes fly around would be quite the sight to see

-Lastly I think some characters need a movement revamp. For example I think Wolverine should be able to double jump and Reptil should be able to fly.
Back to top Go down
He-Man

He-Man

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 2:58 pm

Speaking of characters that could use a boost, I always felt that Quicksilver should always be moving as if he's got a permanent speed boost.

And I agree about Spider-Man, it would be fun if we could swing around more than once.
Back to top Go down
pokelement

pokelement

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 5:15 pm

Maybe two bosses in missions, maybe some new villains and missions, a gang war against Hammer head and King Pin, more silver heroes, more sales, every month there is a sale for 300 gold.
Back to top Go down
Fantastic Seeker Robin

Fantastic Seeker Robin

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:53 am

Adventuring Tranquil Fang wrote:
As for Ideas on things to add, Gazillion never did anything with collecting all the character medals. I admit getting all the medals is hard work, but what if they rewarded people for completing all the medals for a character. This would get people to play more of the whole game. You would need to win card games, finish missions, Collect faces. But they would have to have a nice reward for this.
I would want an Invisible Woman reward if you collect all the medals for Thing, Human Torch, and Mr. Fantastic. I don't want to have to take my chances on the Green Goblin Mystery Box, and it's the perfect reward to complete the FF.
Back to top Go down
the_key_24

the_key_24

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 12:24 am

Stan Lee

'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
He-Man

He-Man

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 4:53 am

I'd love to see the game remember our personal settings. I must not be the only one who gets tired of having to reset the sound/graphics every week when there's an update.
Back to top Go down
Fighting Raven

Fighting Raven

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 10:48 pm

I'd like to see a change to where the game files are saved. In Windows they are stored in a user specific directory so if multiple players play from different windows accounts on the same computer they each have to download the game files whenever there's an update. Not only is that a waste of HD space, it's time consumming and a waste bandwith. Surely 99% of the content of these files if not 100% are the same for all players and could be saved in a commonly accessed location (C:\program files\ etc?) with only individual user preferences stored under their individual user directories?
Back to top Go down
Derwipok

Derwipok

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 4:37 am

He-Man wrote:
I'd love to see the game remember our personal settings. I must not be the only one who gets tired of having to reset the sound/graphics every week when there's an update.
Yes super annoying.

I'd like to see overall stats. When you look at a hero's medals you can see that they keep track of various stuff, there should be overall numbers too.
Back to top Go down
Shadowlarvitar

Shadowlarvitar

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 12:42 pm

I agree that we need a X-Mansion. Avengers Tower would also be a nice zone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 3:39 pm

I would love to see the number of hits your hero currently has available as a numeral as well as a bar in the upper left during missions!
Back to top Go down
He-Man

He-Man

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 8:45 pm

I'd like to see them fix the Fin Fang Foom missions so that it's easier to click on his head. Sometimes I seem to be clicking everywhere but the hitbox area when I get to the head hitting part.
Back to top Go down
15cyber

15cyber

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 12:57 pm

I want see new zone : Stark Tower , X-Mansion , Avengers Mansion.I wanted the game to have the iron fist in soon, and would like the game had the punisher back ...
Back to top Go down
benfromcanada

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 9:09 am

I'd like more in-game achievements, and maybe some reward for getting medals for heroes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in the game?    What do you want to see in the game?  Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you want to see in the game?
Page 1 of 1